Does your team have what it takes to generate vital funds for local disadvantaged people?
It's simple ... we will give you £50 and you have five months to turn that start-up investment into as much money as you can! It is a fun and Covid-proof way of engaging your staff in 2021 that helps your local charity supporting homeless and vulnerable people.
What's in it for you?
We appreciate how tough things are and so this challenge is a Covid-proof way to boost morale and enthusiasm. Whether you are a team of three or 300, this challenge is for you! Why not challenge your workforce and use this as a team building exercise? You can include your suppliers or clients if you wish. It's a fantastic way to engage your team, demonstrate your corporate social responsibility and benefit from some positive PR!
How it works
We give you £50. You and your staff then use your business brains and money-making acumen to generate as much money as possible for Transform within 5 months (1 May 2021 to 30 Sep 2021). All money raised will be used to support homeless, socially excluded and vulnerable people in Surrey and the surrounding areas.
What sort of things can you do?
The only limit is your imagination! The idea is to invest your £50 to achieve the biggest return and then reinvest your profits to make even more.
Here are a few starters for ten to get your team's cogs turning:
- Buy five members of your team five places to take part in our 'Sleep Out at Home' event on Sat 10 July 2021.
- Buy ingredients to stage a BBQ, a lunch or bake sake. This could be timed to celebrate the tennis at Wimbledon, UEFA Euro 2021 or the Olympics. You may want to theme it around Mental Health Awareness Week (May) or Loneliness Awareness Week (June).*
- Stage a quiz, comedy or talent night and use the money to hire a venue.*
- Buy a hamper or other goods and hold a raffle to make a profit.*
- Buy your employees Smarties tubes and ask them to fill them up with £1, 20p and 10p coins during the five months. This could even be done at home with children.
- Use the £50 to register at a running or walking event where you can fundraise for Transform such as the Surrey Hills Challenge on Sun 26 Sep 2021 or create your own fundraising run, walk or cycle from home. You may want to time it to coincide with National Fitness Day (Sep).
* these could also be online events
- Get your team together!
- Get in touch with us by emailing David Annand, our Corporate & Community Relationship Manager, at [email protected]
- We will deliver your £50 investment and will be on hand with advice and support every step of the way.
- Let's have some fun! ... and raise vital funds to help support disadvantaged people living in your local community.
A special mention goes to our sponsor ESP Utilities Group. Thanks to their support we're able to stage this challenge again in 2021.