Help Transform a life in one night
Homelessness doesn't just occur when it's cold. It's every day all through the year. Homelessness isn't just about the cold. It's about not having somewhere to call home.
By taking part in our 'Sleep Out at Home' you will spend one night sleeping outside in your garden, backyard, or flat balcony if you have one and it's safe to do so.
You are so close to your bed, sofa, fridge, TV, bath, and your life but you can, through a set of unfortunate circumstances, be a short distance away from it too. For many vulnerable people it's a very thin line between having a home or not.
I never thought at 45 I would be homeless or an alcoholic. I was drinking two or three bottles of vodka a day. I lost everything. I had a lovely house and two children but I just let it all go – it was horrific.
How to take part
- Register here. It costs £10 per person to register or £30 for a group of four people. The event is for individuals, families, friends and work colleagues. The event is open to all but anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a participating adult.
- Set up your fundraising page and aim to raise a minimum of £125, with funds raised directly helping Transform prevent homelessness in Surrey. Go to our downloadable information pack for details on how to set up your page.
- Set up your camp on the day. You can use a tent and or a yoga mat or cardboard to sleep on or under. Refer to our downloadable information pack for advice.
- Share what you're doing, and why, with neighbours, colleagues, friends and family. Use your social media platforms tagging Transform Housing & Support with hashtag #sleepoutathome
- Sleep out from 9pm on Sat 10 July until 7am on Sun 11 July.
- Celebrate and share your achievement!
Once you've registered
- Download our information pack. It contains
- Safety instructions / terms and conditions
- Frequently asked questions - and answers!
- Checklist for the night
- Fundraising tips
- Instructions on how to set up your fundraising page
- Social media images for you to use on your fundraising page and social media platforms
- Printable poster to promote the event
- We will send you an event pack including an event pin badge together with some snacks to keep you going through the evening! Registrations after 1 Jun 2021 aren't guaranteed to receive an event pack.
What are you waiting for?
Book your Sleep out at Home place and play your part in ending homelessness.
For more information get in touch.