Surrey County Council has set up a Community Helpline number (0300 200 1008).
The purpose of the community phone line is to help direct residents who need support, such as picking up shopping, prescription collections or having someone who can be a telephone friend, to services who can help.
It also aims to provide advice to residents on where they can register an offer of help to support their community.
It is launched alongside Surrey’s public information campaign around five key things for people to do during the Coronavirus outbreak:
- Keeping up to date and following the official advice at www.nhs.uk/coronavirus
- Sharing only official information and guidance from trusted sources – not spreading rumour or panic
- Staying sensible – washing hands regularly, keeping physical distance from each other
- Thinking about what help you need or how you can help
- And making sure we’re keeping in touch with each other – phone, text, facetime, just checking in – and keeping our minds healthy
Click here for the rest of the article...